Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ragin' Cajun Popcorn


I had some plain popcorn boring me tonight. So I thought, “Hey, I wonder if 1k has popcorn in any recipes? There are one thousand.” Then I thought, “Naaah, popcorn?” And then, “Well, still...” And so I went over to my stained and graffiti'd copy and asked, “Hey, 1k, got any recipes with popcorn?”

And 1k....well, 1k said “Yes. Yes, I do.”

The Ragin' Cajun Popcorn (page 4) is ragin' indeed. My mouth's a'burnin' and I'm loving it. Since my popcorn was already popped and I was too lazy to calculate how many cups of popped corn result from 1/3 cup of unpopped corn, I just sprinkled in the called-for spices at will. And I love it. I love it very much. I wish I'd've thought of this before eating all that plain popcorn. I'm never making that mistake again, no sirree—next time I'm going to try an Indian-spice-blend. And then: pumpkin pie spices. My popcorn's going places. Is yours?

(In case you're curious, which I know you are, I went that extra mile tonight, for you, kiss kiss. curry powder + coriander + popcorn + shake it hard = mmm, yeah. And cinnamon + ginger + allspice + nutmeg... heyyyy, there.)

- - Ulpia, pops it like it's hot - -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails