Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sesame Soba Noodles

Sesame Soba Noodles

Previously, I've been a little afraid of cooking with soba noodles. However, what better way to conquer one's fear than to face it head on? Sesame Soba Noodles {page 236} was the perfect recipe to help me do so.

This recipe is easy to prepare {although it does involve a fair amount of chopping}, gorgeous to look at, and delicious to eat! I like the bountiful variety of vegetables it includes, and how the flavors work together to make a cohesive and simple {but complexly flavored} dish.

I especially liked the notes of sesame playing throughout. They worked as a nutty undertone in the background, and really helped draw out the flavors in the other ingredients.

This dish is definitely going into regular rotation, and I think I've now conquered my fear of the weird gray noodles.

7 comments:

  1. soba noodles for breakfast is my new thing. it's easy to do the veggies because i cut them along with the iguana's breakfast. after i boil the noodles and sautee the harder veggies, i toss the noodles and soft veggies with sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and some seasame seeds into the skillet or wok for 30-45 seconds. so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look good. I'm so happy you found a way to prepare these in a way that you liked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soba noodles, they go so well with snowpeas. Looks yummy!

    I was wondering, is your group of contributers closed, or do you accept new people? I love my copy of 1000 vegan recipes and regularly cook things from it, (like today: pumpkin soup with cranberry swirl) and would be happy to share some photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A huge thank you for this site! This looks amazing and the photo is most helpful. Keep cooking and posting please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were awarded a Sunshine Blog Award at my blog! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Kim
    http://theveganmouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always enjoyed these posts, and appreciate the time it takes to do that. But haven't seen anything new for quite awhile - have you all quit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the comments! We're still around but just very busy. Going to try and get back on track soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails