Sunday, April 4, 2010

Slow-Simmered Collard Greens

collard greens

The Slow-Simmered Collard Greens on page 365 is a pretty simple recipe to put together. Being a picky eater growing up, greens was one of the few things I would eat :).

The "work" is the washing and chopping or tearing of the greens and let it cook for about 40 minutes. I didn't get a chance to get to Kroger so I wasn't able to get the optional Chipolte Chile in Adobo since Albertson's didn't have it. Next time I make it, I'll definitely add it.

The greens were fine by themselves but would have been better that that extra zing of the Chiles :).

I incorporated the greens with some black eyed peas over rice and Fired-up Cornbread that I had made before but hadn't marked in my book!

slow cooked collard greens, black eye peas, fired-up jalapeno cornbread

~~Gymmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails