Friday, July 30, 2010

Fettuccine with Fresh Figs and Walnuts

Fettuccine with Fresh Figs and Walnuts

I cannot believe I didn't find this recipe until now. Fettuccine with Fresh Figs and Walnuts {page 211} has just about everything I could ever want in a dream pasta.

Tender pasta is coated with a creamy cashew sauce, and then tossed with sauteed fresh figs and walnuts. The whole thing is topped up with crispy homemade breadcrumbs. The creaminess of the sauce paired perfectly with the sweetness of the figs, and the heady deepness of the walnuts. The salty toasty crunch provided by the breadcrumbs was really the icing on the cake...erm...plate of pasta, so to speak.

Fresh figs are rather expensive, so I cannot see myself making this often. However, this would be an easy and impressive dish to serve to guests on special occasions. In fact, I think I impressed myself with this one. I may just come back to my kitchen to eat again sometime. You're invited too, of course.

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Batgirl

6 comments:

  1. I think I am going to try this today! Looks and sounds delicious. I saw some fresh figs at the HEB, hope they still have some today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did make this and it was delicious! Should probably have used slightly less than 1 lb of fettuccine though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, the figs are an interesting addition! Might try this one if I can find some fresh figs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks creamy and delicious! The ingredients sounds awsome! Crunchy and sweet! I will try this for sure! Thanks! //Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great position you folks have been carrying out there.
    cooking recipe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails