Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vegetable Fried Rice

Vegetable Fried Rice

I hate to give a bad review. I am a people-pleaser to the core, and admitting that I didn't really like something - be it a recipe, a book, a movie, or whatever - just doesn't jive with me. However, I'm kind of a food snob, and I can be rather picky about what I eat. If I'm eating something and I don't love it, I'm likely not to finish it. I'd rather waste food than eat something I don't love. I know that's horrible of me, but that's the truth.

As for more horrible truth, I just have to admit that Vegetable Fried Rice {page 268} didn't really impress me. It was definitely edible, and everyone I served it to ate it and said it was just fine. It just seemed to be a little lacking.

I amped up all the seasonings, as I could tell from tasting all along that it might be a little on the bland side. Even that didn't really help though. If I made it again, I'd at least double all the seasonings, and maybe even add in more ingredients.

I guess one book cannot be expected to win them all. However, I still feel guilty for the bad review.

Apologetically,

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Batgirl

3 comments:

  1. I had the same issue with the lo mein. It happens! Having said that, the lo mein in Vegan on the Cheap is pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're incredible! For a meal you didn't like, it's still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails