Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sunflower Zucchini Bread

Sunflower Zucchini Bread

A twist on classic zucchini bread, Sunflower Zucchini Bread {page 405} has protein-rich sunflower seeds baked right into the bread.

This delicious bread has all the components you've grown to love in standard zucchini bread - moist, comforting, slightly sweet, the illusion of health {"Hey, it has zucchini in it, so it's good for me!"}. All of those factors are amped up by the presence of the delightful little sunflower seeds. They add interesting texture and flavor, as well as amp up the nutritional qualities.

The Ninjahusband found the bread a little odd with the seeds in it, but I really liked them. Maybe next time I'll make 2 loaves - one without seeds for him, one with extra seeds for me.

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Batgirl

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I missed this recipe flipping through. I think I'll have to give it a try, sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bread, we always make it with extra seeds. Really delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails