Monday, January 4, 2010

Carbonara-Style Spaghetti - Guest Post by Kristin

Vegan 'Carbonara'

The Carbonara-Style Spaghetti {page 208} is super-yummy and very easy to make. I've made it twice now and my husband keeps begging me to add this to the menu again. I made it last week for some out-of-town guests and they loved it too. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with Fakin' Bacon in any dish, especially when you combine it with shallots. I don’t have much else to say about this other than YUM.

I used my own homemade vegan parmesan, spaghettini (thin spaghetti), Fakin’ Bacon, and added peas as suggested in the notes. I just stirred in all of the Fakin' Bacon/Shallot mixture rather than saving some for the topping because I am lazy and that happens to work just fine. Go make this because it is amazing!

--Kristin
Beans and Greens

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails