Saturday, December 19, 2009

Indonesian Chile Sauce

Indonesian Chile Sauce

I know I'm still slacking on recipes here but I've been so busy lately with work (for me, this is always a good thing). I did however manage to crank out something new from the book, a really flavourful but simple Indonesian Chile Sauce (page 572) on top of my own variation of Soy-Tan Dream Cutlets (page 294, mentioned in previous posts by several of us I made this with beans instead of tofu).

The sauce is so simple yet packed with flavour. The ingredient that really pulls everything else together is the rice wine vinegar. It adds just enough tartness and depth to the sauce without being overpowering. The sauce can be served warm or cold (I prefer cold) and is excellent with the Soy-Tan Dream Cutlets.

With only a handful of ingredients, the whiz of a blender or food processor motor and the sizzle of a sauce pan, this sauce is done in minutes. This sauce is definitely on my regular rotation now.

— Ms. Veganorama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails