Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Morning Polenta with Drizzle of Maple Syrup

polenta 006

I love hot cereal in cold weather. I eat a lot of oatmeal and I was ready to try something different. So this morning I made Morning Polenta with Drizzle of Maple Syrup page 522.

This was really easy and quick-I didn't stir enough however. I got distracted making Bonnie's breakfast. (Bonnie is my three year old Catahoula.) So some of the cornmeal burned to the bottom of the pan. I would advise you to keep a closer eye than I did and remember to stir!

polenta 003

This picture is how it looks if you make it strictly by the recipe and don't add any fruit. I think it looks very pretty with the color of the strawberries. I like some color in my food! This is a nice alternative to oatmeal and takes just a bit longer than rolled oats to cook.

--vegankitty

1 comment:

  1. We agree. Those strawberries (and bananas) do look good!

    We just want to let you know that Dole Foods has started a Facebook page and Twitter feed where we share a lot of easy, healthy recipes. If you're interested you should join! There is also an awesome contest going on where you can win a trip to the Four Seasons in California!
    To check it out: http://bit.ly/35ebFi
    or
    Twitter: http://bit.ly/15XFaJ

    Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails