Monday, November 9, 2009

Spicy Pinto Bean Soup

spicy pinto bean soup3

I LOVE soup! Soup is easy to put together and a "hands off" dish. We can get cold here in TX so I'm looking forward to trying a variety of soups to help me warm up :).

The Spicy Pinto Bean Soup on page 161 is a quick soup to put together. Depending on if you're using dry or canned beans your cooking time will vary.

I really like the flavors of this soup. The chilpolte chile in adobo is what adds the punch to the soup. You can add more or less depending on your palate. I did not feel that the base spices needed adjustment.

I forgot the cilantro but that is just for the garnish so that turned out to be no biggie. Add crackers and nom!

--Gymmie

3 comments:

  1. yeah, those chiles in adobo really add a lot of flavor to dishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks great! I need to start to make more soups now that it is getting a bit more chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this one marked as well. Definitely my kind of recipe! Looks nice and "soupy."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails