Sunday, November 29, 2009

Angel Hair Pasta with Olive Oil and Garlic

Angel Hair Pasta with Olive Oil and Garlic

Sometimes the simplest dinners can be the most satisfying, and Angel Hair Pasta with Olive Oil and Garlic {page 211} falls right into that category.

Self-explanatory by the title, and quick to put together, this dish made a filling, comforting, and satisfying dinner, especially when served with some roasted brussel sprouts. Despite the temptation to ignore the recipe and just toss the ingredients together how I normally would, I did actually follow the recipe. The only alteration I made was adding a sprinkle of roasted red pepper flakes to the top once the pasta was plated.

The pasta was delicate but flavorful, and really addictive. I had to stop myself from having another plate after my first.

I haven't had this in a long time, and this recipe may have rekindled my love for this simple dish.

As an aside, the Supertoddler adored the pasta...but not as much as the brussels sprouts. He ate two helpings, and couldn't get them into his mouth fast enough. Strange child! <3

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Batgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails