Friday, November 20, 2009

Sesame Spinach and Cranberry Chutney over Some-Kinda-Nut Cutlets


With my guests still over and having all returned from visiting the Saint Louis Arch, I had to cook up an impressive dinner and I had to do it fast—in under 30 minutes, to be exact; people were waiting and vocally hungry. I had already made the Fresh Cranberry Chutney (page 562) before leaving to sight-see with them, so all I had to do was cook up some Sesame Spinach (page 381) and fry up Some-Kinda-Nut Burgers (page 120). Oh yes, those babies are definitely good enough to repeat. This time my nut mix of choice was almonds, walnuts, and cashews.


I worked backwards on this, I wanted to make cranberry chutney, having never made any kind of chutney before, and it went perfectly with the nut cutlets. (Almost like a sophisticated savory version of PB & J.) Our family friend from Boston enjoyed it especially much, being a great lover of tart things and nut things. Sweet-tart cranberry chutney over delectably nutty cutlets? I've got to agree with her: a match made in gourmand heaven.


And the Sesame Spinach? It got even more raves than the nut cutlets! My dad couldn't stop praising it. It's incredible and I'll be making it again and again. I've always had a particularly passionate love affair with spinach, but after this dish, I think we're ready to tie the knot. It's creamy and full and flavorful and you're all invited to the reception.

- - Ulpia Spinacia - -

3 comments:

  1. Good heavens girl, your pictures keep getting better and better! Your food photography has come leaps and bounds since starting this project. Color me impressed! And that meal looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! ;D I learn from example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. recipe for pasta fazool

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails