Friday, November 20, 2009

Salad with Lime Cilantro Dressing

Lime-Cilantro Dressing

You would think I'd learned by now not to make recipes that feature ingredients I don't like. I'm certainly not talking about the lime or the cilantro in the case of the Lime Cilantro Dressing (p103), but the yogurt that forms the base. I have never liked yogurt, neither dairy nor soy nor coconut milk nor any other, but I seem to be okay with it if it's "in" something. I trusted the lime and cilantro to cover up enough of the yogurtyness to make me love this dressing, but alas, they did not.

However, the flavors of the dressing are great, and actually the more I ate it, the more I liked it. But I cannot get used to yogurt, no matter how hard I try. If you don't mind the taste of yogurt, this is a cool and creamy dressing that goes nicely atop a salad with a Mexican twist such as beans, corn, tortilla chips, jalapenos, etc. In my opinion, this dressing would have been better as a vinaigrette and I will try it again, but go in that direction over a creamy dressing.

--The Divine Miss V

1 comment:

  1. Well, you cooking the recipes with things you don't like just means that you're trying to branch out and expand your culinary horizons. Even though I know I shouldn't, I always wind up cooking/eating a lot of the same stuff. You are a fine, fine role model! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails