Sunday, October 25, 2009

Coconut-Peanut Chickpeas and Vegetables

Coconut-Peanut Chickpeas and Vegetables

My sisters came over for dinner tonight for our standard Sunday night Dinner-and-Doctor-Who. Since they both love curries, Coconut-Peanut Chickpeas and Vegetables {page 259} was a natural choice.

I already have a strong testimony of Robin's curry recipes, being that Vegan Fire and Spice is probably my favorite of her books. I'm happy to report that this curry did not disappoint!

Creamy coconut milk teams up with peanut butter and spicy curry sauce to create a velvety blanket for fresh red bell pepper, chickpeas, tomatoes, and baby spinach leaves. With a sprinkling of crunchy salty peanuts down over the top, and served on a little basmati rice, this dish is curry heaven.

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Batgirl

3 comments:

  1. I licked the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to love about coconut milk curry? Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yeah! This looks like a simple pantry staple meal to put together.

    And I completely agree on Fire and Spice. Almost everything I eat falls under that category, whether by design or by hot sauce, and that book is a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails