Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sherry-Braised Baby Bok Choy

food 003

Tonight I wanted to make a meal, but I got home late and was tired so I decided to just make a quick vegetable dish. I made the Sherry-Braised Baby Bok Choy (page 357). I wanted something easy and light. I also had everything except sherry at home. The recipe calls for dry sherry, but the only vegan sherry the liquor store had was Amontillado, so I bought that. And my fresh ginger was shriveled at the bottom of my vegetable drawer, so I used ground ginger instead. My bok choy was half between baby and full grown, but it worked out fine. The recipe calls for garlic, ginger and soy sauce, all of which I usually cook bok choy with. The sherry had a nice extra flavor kick and made my apartment smell divine.

I served the bok choy over brown rice and ate it all up! I will definitely make this again, especially since bok choy is a regular in my house.

--vegankitty

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love bok choy, that must make an appearance on my table as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bok choy and sherry--love it! And serving over brown rice is an excellent idea to turn a side into a meal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails