Thursday, October 22, 2009

Creamy, Crunchy Fruit-and-Nut Sandwiches

Creamy, Crunchy Fruit-and-Nut Sandwiches

Lunch today was Creamy, Crunchy Fruit-and-Nut Sandwiches {page 111}. These sandwiches are your standard PB&J, all grown up -- and on sweet creamy crunchy fruity steroids!

The recipe called for agave nectar or maple syrup, but I couldn't decide so I did half of each. With the crunch of the walnuts, the toothsome chew of the cranberries, and the crisp freshness of the pears, this is one decadent lunch. I served it on my favorite whole grain artisan bread from the local bakery.

I made a big batch of the almond butter mixture to keep on hand so I can have these sandwiches whenever I want. I bet they'd be great with apples!

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Batgirl

2 comments:

  1. I love grown up versions of kid stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful sandwich. I bet the cranberries just "make it."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails