Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Smoothies in Winter (Pumpkin Smoothie)


Do yourself a huge favor: put a ripe banana in the freezer right now, check to make sure you have a can of pureed pumpkin and some maple syrup lying about, then return to read this. Because after you've tried the Smoothies in Winter (page 530), everything will have changed.

There's a certain commercial pumpkin smoothie drink out there which some friends and I absolutely covet. In fact, I covet pumpkin and anything remotely pumpkin-tasting in general. So when I read the ingredients in Smoothies in Winter, I knew I had to make it at once. And since I chopped into my finger yesterday while trying to make something else pumpkin-related, today was the perfect day to eschew chopping and let my food processor (or blender) do the work.

This smoothie. Is amazing. “Woah!” was the first word that escaped my mouth after that first heavenly sip. The creamy spiced pumpkin flavor, in all its deep, frothy sweetness, is positively to die for. If this smoothie were a country, I would pledge allegiance. If it were a maid in distress and I a knight, I would climb the highest tower to rescue it. It's that good — nay, better!

I cannot imagine an autumn-time drink more perfect. And as the recipe header suggests, I will most definitely be serving it at my next holiday gathering.

- - Ulpia, loyal subject of Pumpkinia - -

7 comments:

  1. Mmm that sounds amazing! I will definitely be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go buy bananas. Like NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had me at pumpkin smoothie. yum! i never would have thought to add a banana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The banana adds creaminess, it's great, and for the pumpkin and spices its taste doesn't get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a raw pumpkin smoothie at a restaurant in LA a few weekends ago and it was wonderful! I had totally forgotten about it until I saw this post--I have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This smoothie is fantastic -- it's a great way to have an evening treat without fat or sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made this smoothie, it's in my fridge, my reward for after I work out. It is the third time I made this recipe. I am going to serve it at Christmas instead of eggnog or maybe I will serve water and keep it all to my self :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails