Thursday, October 29, 2009

Drunken Spaghetti with Tofu

Drunken Spaghetti with Tofu

Drunken Spaghetti with Tofu {page 240} is apparently a Thai hangover cure, hence the name. While I did not have a hangover this morning, I am exhausted and sick, so I was hoping it would have the same wellness effect on me. While it didn't necessarily make me feel better, it was very delicious.

The noodles are bathed in a mixture of vegetarian oyster sauce, sugar, and soy sauce before they're tossed into a pan of sizzling vegetables and tofu. The flavors were spot on, and the vegetables provided a contrasting crunch to the soft noodles and toothsome tofu.

I served this with vegetarian "beef" steak {terrible!} and scallion pancake {awesome!}, both random "let's try this!" items from my last trip to the Asian market.

While making them the noodles felt very "busy", like there were a lot of steps, but it all came together really quickly. Now that I know how to do it, I'm confident I could do it faster next time. And with flavor like this, there will definitely be a next time.

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Batgirl

1 comment:

  1. I <3 making asian noodle dishes with spaghetti for a different texture and I <3 drunken noodles so this sounds like a great combo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails