Thursday, October 22, 2009

White Cupcakes - Coconut Variation

White Cupcakes - Coconut Variation

Let's be honest, everybody {and I mean everybody} loves cupcakes. In fact, I don't think I could trust someone that didn't like cupcakes. That's just wrong, as well as being against several laws of nature. It is because of this universal love that I decided cupcakes were the perfect dessert to take with me to a friend's house tonight.

Aside from being delicious, I think vegan cupcakes are the very cornerstone of culinary activism. A vegan cupcake can take someone from "yuck, I could never be vegan" to "yum...vegan tastes like this?" in one mere bite. The White Cupcakes - coconut variation {page 458} topped with "Buttercream" Frosting - coconut variation {page 503} are delicious little activists, just begging to be deployed into battle.

They were moist and a little dense, but with a delicate crumb, and the coconut flavor was divine. The buttercream is the best I've ever had, vegan or not. I am never using another buttercream recipe again as long as I live. These cupcakes are little coconut-scented pieces of heaven.

Surprisingly, I'd never had coconut cupcakes before, and these definitely did not disappoint. I can't wait to try some of the other variations that she has listed.

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Batgirl

7 comments:

  1. Those look fantastic and even though I don't have a sweet tooth, I do really like coconut cake. I um, actually don't like cupcakes though. :p I'd just rather have a slab of cake.

    *ducks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always KNEW there was something suspicious about you... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look divine. Confession: I love desserts, but I've never liked cupcakes. Reason: that cloyingly sweet icing tends to be too much sugar and too little flavor. But! I've been planning to give some a go and tweak the icing to my liking if necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails