Sunday, October 25, 2009

Peanut Butter and Banana-Stuffed French Toast

Peanut Butter and Banana-Stuffed French Toast

Sunday mornings are not my favorite, but with a nomilicious breakfast like Peanut Butter and Banana-Stuffed French Toast {page 520}, this morning wasn't half bad!

The filling was a creamy sweet montage of banana, peanut butter, and maple. The batter coated the bread perfectly, and cooked up on the griddle to a crisp golden brown. Each bite was a little crunch, followed by the smoothness of the bread and the sweet decadence of the filling. Served with sliced fresh bananas and pure maple syrup on top, this french toast was a force to be reckoned with.

Four thumbs {from the Ninjahusband and I} and several fingers {from the Supertoddler} way, way up. I will be repeating this on a regular basis, I'm sure.

-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Batgirl

6 comments:

  1. Even though I don't generally go for sweets, I do love a great french toast and based on your review, this will fit the bill nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NOM. I've been eying this one too. Who can go wrong with PB and french toast...and maple syrup and nanners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, my stomach just had an orgasm. french toast with pb, bananas, and maple syrup? i'm in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your bananas. lol

    But I have to admit this looks fantastic. Do you think it would be unholy and wrong to leave out the bananas? Suggestion for a substitution?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, i tried this for lunch today and need to leave some feedback: excellent recipe choice with super fast shipping to my mouth. i savored each bite and was tempted to lick the plate. deliciously decadent and was exactly as described in photos! a++

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a minute I thought pumpkin could be good stuffed in there, but then I remembered the PB and I don't think that would go with pumpkin. What if you just mixed in some jelly with the peanut butter, for a pb&j stuffed french toast?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails