Wednesday, October 21, 2009

PB&J Muffins

pbj muffins 005

Tonight's recipe was PB&J Muffins (page 409). Again, I wanted something I could make with pantry staples. And who doesn't like peanut butter and jelly? I made them with Peanut Butter and Co. Mighty Maple peanut butter and with Trader Joe's Superfruit Spread for the jelly. I substituted almond milk for soy milk. They were easy to put together and baked up nicely. Once again I didn't get twelve muffins, but nine. These ones are much bigger than the chive flecked potato ones though. I probably could have gotten twelve if I had made them smaller. They also look very pretty with the dot of jelly in the center.

These muffins are delicious! They have finely chopped peanuts on top. (I chopped them in my food processor.) I ate mine while it was still warm. They have a hint of maple too, probably enhanced in this case because I used the maple peanut butter I'm going to have another one with a tall glass of chocolate soymilk.

These muffins are going to be my breakfast tomorrow morning. Make them!

--vegankitty

5 comments:

  1. I don't really like sweets but I would totally have one of those with a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I don't really like PB&J, but something tells me these might change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You snapped these up before I did, I was eying them! :p Really glad to hear they're good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, those would not last long in my house. nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, just made a batch and these are so. damn. tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails