Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spicy Chipotle Potato Quesadillas

Spicy Chipotle Potato Quesadillas

The recipe for Spicy Chipotle Potato Quesadillas (p32) was probably one of the first to catch my eye. You see, it has four of my favorite things in the title. It just screams out "you cannot go wrong and you will adore me!" It screams the truth.

This is super fast and extremely easy to put together. The only deviation from the recipe I made was, again, for the grandmother's delicate palate. Knowing that the heat would be too much for her, I took some of the potato and onion mixture aside and added just a dash of Liquid Smoke before putting together her quesadilla. Even with her dainty appetite, she gobbled up a full tortilla's worth.

For Mr. V's and mine, I doubled (or was it tripled?) the call for 1 to 1 1/2 tsp of chipotle in adobo. I should also note that I used six small to medium-ish potatoes, and this worked out perfectly. Served 'em up alongside some jarred salsa and a dollop of sour cream. So, this is another dish that's easily adaptable to the varying spice preferences you may be feeding.

For something so quick and simple, this is a hearty and filling dish. Though found in the Appetizers and Snacks section of the book, you can certainly make a meal from the carbolicious combo of potatoes and tortillas. Also, the variations are limitless with these. You could add in some vegan cheese, vegan bacon bits, spinach or leafy greens, or another veggie of your choosing. Next time, I think I'll add some roasted broccoli to the mix. But no matter, whether you stick to the recipe as written or add other ingredients to make them your own, you just can't go wrong with this one.

--The Divine Miss V

7 comments:

  1. Yum! Time for me to get this book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh!

    But seriously, you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I want to print that photo and put it on my wall, it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THEY ARE. But really, you can't go wrong on this one. No one could mess it up, the ingredients are a win, it's easy peasy, spicy or not, meal or snack, welcoming of additions. These babies have got it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i gained a couple pounds just looking at these. nom, nom, nom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails