Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tofu Sour Cream

Tofu Sour Cream

Last week I made the Sweet Potato Pancakes and my boyfriend loved them. He asked me to make them again this morning for breakfast and I agreed. But you can't have them without sour cream, and I had finished my Tofutti sour supreme in a orgy of nachos. And wouldn't you know it, my local health food store was out. So I decided to try the recipe for Tofu Sour Cream page 574.

This was a very quick and easy recipe to whip up-simple ingredients that pretty much every vegan pantry would have in stock. A few minutes in the food processor, and fresh homemade sour cream! I added a little extra lemon juice because I like my sour cream very tangy. Tasting it from the food processor I didn't really like it, but once I put it on my pancakes, I found I liked it very much. I have leftovers, so I see more nachos in my future.

--vegankitty

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to give this a shot. I do like Tofutti Sour Supreme but homemade is way cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails